Monday 28 October 2013

AND THE BEST MOISTURISER AWARD GOES TO ........

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula!

I have always been a fan of super thick moisturising body butters for this time of year, and typically tend to opt the old favourite Body shop butters. However with the change in weather I had decided to venture into a different brand to see if there is anything else that can beat my love of the body shop body butters.

It then occurred to me that my hands are super soft after using the Palmer's cocoa butter for hands, so decided to test other things in the brand.



I opted for the Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E Body lotion. Typically the consistency of anything Palmers is super dense and hydrating, therefore by reading lotion I anticipated a very thin solution which was hydrating, but not to the extent of body butter.  Oh my goodness, this must be the best product of all time. It has a pretty thick consistency but not to the extent of a butter, but so much better than a lotion. It hydrates my skin so week, is none greasy and leaves my skin looking healthy, smooth and soft to touch. The lotion is also fanatic for summer as it contains SPF 15 and has UVA/UVB protection.

The only negatives are that as the lotion has a yellow colour to it, it can mark white clothing such as uniform tops so beware! And for some people the fragrance may be a little off putting, personally I rather like it, and it reminds me of the body shop Brazil nut collection.



This was an absolute bargain at £2.00 at Boots who often have great skin care deals. Although this normally retails at £3.99 which is a great deal. A little goes a long way, and it is so hydrating I find I don't need to moisturise daily which is another brownie point for palmers. A great find this this time of year.

What are your holy grail moisturiers for this time of year? 

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at @The1BeautyBlog for more weekly updates.

xxxxx

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh I adore the smell of this. It's wonderful! Very moisturising too, I'm a fan!

    Nashbagxo

    ReplyDelete